Gather, Richmond and Hampton Roads' premier coworking space is looking for a Community Manager to join our team. We are seeking people with a passion for serving the customer and creating a caring community that is collaborative, creative, and fun.
We offer competitive compensation coupled with a quarterly incentive bonus, fantastic benefits, and an individual development program to make sure you are learning skills that will make you even more valuable. Please read the entire ad to be considered for the position. In this role, some of your responsibilities would include:
- Building Community. You will be the first and last point of contact for your Gather location. You will get to know the members and care about them and their businesses. You will introduce members to each other and encourage collaboration. You will provide the content used in our monthly communications, and create a productive environment where our members can have a tight sense of community.
- Hospitality. You will do whatever it takes to make our facility a special place for our members. This means you will make coffee, load and unload dishwashers, and refill the copier. Keeping our environment clean, comfortable, and running smoothly will be a chief concern. If the AV isn’t working, you will need to put on your geek and get it fixed. If you have worked in a restaurant or hotel, this is great experience for our job!
- Hosting Events. We hold several special events each month. You will be part of the team that creates them. You will also help to promote them, set up rooms and refreshments, greet our guests, and make sure that everyone has a great time.
- Membership Management. You will give tours, sell memberships in Gather, and orient them to our community. You will follow up on leads and help prospective members make the decision to join our community. You will set up new member accounts, website profiles, and assist with move-ins and move-outs. Our space is special and we work really hard to keep it that way.
- Special Projects. We have a dozen balls in the air at any time. We need someone who will pitch in, figure it out, be creative, and just get it done. This person will understand that no job is too small and that everyone needs to work together to make this business a success.
So, who should apply for this job?
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Those with prior experience in sales, business operations, or project management will receive preference
- Crazy organized and prepared
- Smart, creative, out of the box thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make members feel comfortable and supported and to foster connections between members. You need a service orientation to love this job
- Strong work ethic, ambitious and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently – with limited supervision
- Demonstrated business judgment and problem-solving ability
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, reliable transportation
We are not just looking for a body to fill a position; rather, we are looking for someone who can help us build on our already impressive reputation. If the above bullets describe you and you want a chance to grow with an organization, then we want to hear from you.
So should you apply? We empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and both small and large businesses to succeed by providing a beautiful workspace, a collaborative community, and accessible services.
We are looking for passionate and talented Community Managers who will work closely with another Community Manager and the leadership team to support the daily needs of our members, creating a caring community and keeping the building full. This is the busiest job you will ever have. We will push you to stretch your skills and gain new ones. We hire smart and sparkly people. If this fits you, keep reading.
What are the hours? This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday either from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. or from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. However, you will need a flexible schedule. You will be asked to work alternative hours when we have special events.